Docker comes in 2 editions Docker CE (Community edition) and Docker EE (Enterprise Edition). The releases are done via 3 types of update channels – stable, test, and nightly:
Stable – gives you latest releases for general availability.
Test – gives pre-releases that are ready for testing before general availability.
Nightly – gives you the latest builds of work in progress for the next major release.
Installation steps are well documented in the official guide, please follow the appropriate link to install it on your respective platform.
- Install Docker CE on Mac using Docker for Desktop
- Install on Windows OS using Docker desktop for Windows.
- Install Docker CE on CentOS
- Install Docker CE on Ubuntu
- Install Docker CE on Debian
- Install Docker CE on Fedora
To verify your installations, run
Docker-compose is another popular and powerful handy tool that comes with Docker. Follow the same guide to install it.
To verify it is installed correctly, run
docker-compose --version. Once the installation is complete, navigate to the docker hello-world example.