Maven Tutorial – A complete tutorial with code examples. This tutorial is an advanced maven tutorial meant to make you a Hero in Apache maven.
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting, and documentation from a central piece of information.
- Programming knowledge in Java.
- JDK 8 installed on your system.
- Apache Maven 3.3 or higher installed.
- Optional – Spring STS or IntelliJ as an IDE for running and debugging the code.
Course Contents – Advanced Maven Tutorial
- Introduction to Apache Maven
- Maven installations on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Create a simple maven project
- Maven core concepts – repositories, dependency management & scopes
- Another maven project example – create a spark API application in Maven
- Maven build lifecycle, phases, goals & effective pom
- Maven plugins in-depth
- Essentials maven plugins for every developer.
- Maven site for project documentation
Upcoming maven articles
- Build a multi-module maven project from scratch
- Maven Enterprise project with Bill of Material – Maven BOM example
- A discussion on Maven used in Popular OpenSource projects.
- Maven vs Gradle
- Top Maven Interview Questions
Download code examples
The course content of this advance maven tutorial is available for download on the GitHub repo. Please give me a star if you like the code examples.
I truly appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. This is what will help me even fine-tune the course contents. Please share your thoughts in the comments below. You can additionally request an article on any topic by raising an Issue on Jstobigdata Github Page. Happy Learning.